3. Adventure of the Seas

My main problem with this ship (and likely the whole fleet) is the food. While there were other passengers who happily ate their meals, I was in the awkward position of having to live mostly on rolls & cheese, some fruit, with the odd yogurt now & then, plus a few bowls of horrible, tasteless porridge, and at dinner occasionally a few veg without seasoning. Why? Because my stomach does not like garlic, and it makes me sickly.

I have never had an experience like this on a cruise, where almost every food item is laced with garlic, including: soup, mashed potatoes, hamburgers, meats, fish, every prepared food & salad. Because of this, it was a 2-week ordeal. Who would expect that a cruise ship doesn't have some meals prepared in a classic way without garlic?

I have to give credit to the restaurant staff who tried hard to overcome the problem, by saying that I should tell them in advance what I would like for dinner and they will get it prepared without garlic. I tried that, but then the meat was completely bare, naked, devoid of any taste, and no sauce except a dressing with garlic, or simply butter. The chef at Windjammer was very nice, but that place is chaotic anytime without trying to get a special meal made up. It was all too much struggle. I was told that most of their food comes already pre-packaged with the flavouring in it. I hope this is not a trend among cruise ships nowadays. I would like to enjoy the food on my next cruise, but which ship would be safe to choose?

Embarkation was chaotic too; no one to direct passengers as we boarded. Cabins were not ready. I had to walk around various decks with my carry-on & coat, etc.in hand, trying to find my way around. Not pleasant.

For me, the best thing on this cruise was the Ice Show - super! And the people in the song & dance shows were good.

Never again

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by shellartist

shellartist’s Full Rating Summary

Most things were fine, but the fridge did not keep things cold.
I did not know this, until I found out my milk and other items spoiled.

Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans