• Newsletter

shargurl
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2007
Traveled with children

This was my second cruise - both with Carnival. We brought my mom and our 11 year old son for a total of 4.

Embarkation - Easy and Fast! Much better than the first time we went. We arrived between 10-10:30am. DH dropped us off at the terminal and then parked at Lighthouse Parking. We gave our bags to the porter and tipped him $1 per bag. We walked right up and waited in line maybe 20 min. total, got our room keys and then waited maybe another 5 min for pictures and walked onboard. Much faster than when we boarded the Conquest. FYI-we didn't do the Fun Pass online because last time the line for No Fun Pass went faster. This time, since the terminal was so empty, they put us all in one line so it really didn't matter.

We had lunch on the Lido deck and then went to our room. We had an ocean view on the Empress deck with upper and lower berths. I was hoping it wouldn't be too crowded because we didn't know what to expect but we had PLENTY of room. It was perfect. Our room was decorated with Happy Birthday decor for my DH's birthday. Mom and I also took advantage of the embarkation spa day specials and got a scalp, neck, shoulder and foot massage for $69 ea. (Everything on this cruise was less expensive than on the Conquest, much less!)

Cabin 5A
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.