After looking forward to this cruise and a ship that came highly recommended, we were informed upon arrival at the port of a delay because of noro virus activity aboard ship and they needed more time to clean.  We found out CDC had red flagged our ship but we were never notified. Seems it was active since Hawaii and all the way through the canal into Florida. Some people still aboard had it. All precautions were in effect no touching of any food or helping yourself to drinks, hand washing constantly, even going into shops, etc.

Library was closed as was the swimming pool and hot tub. Walls, windows hand rails etc. were constantly scrubbed down. Still the numbers rose and it was a very uncomfortable feeling knowing you were so close to a terrible illness. We spent our on board time holed up in our cabin and then going to shore when docked.

My husband had the worst massage ever, with a girl that was inexperienced, for $171.00 and he even complained, to no avail.

I really think the Captain tried his best to make passengers comply with the sanitary rules, the crew was constantly working. The ages of the passengers was up there and many had other health issues and I feel we were all put in jeopardy. We should have been contacted early enough, as they knew almost three weeks out there was a serious problem so those of us could decide whether or not to postpone our trip.

The food was fine, small portions and I enjoyed the fish dishes. Buffet was fair. Entertainment was okay,

My final feeling is, cruising today is a crapshoot. Quality has gone way down, prices for everything onboard
is excessive. It's all about how much money we can make the passenger pay for and heck with making
passengers enjoy their cruise.

Thanks a lot.

Veendam Cruise Review by marilynlanton@att.net

passengers enjoy their cruise.

marilynlanton@att.net’s Full Rating Summary