3. Celebrity Equinox

Embarkation a breeze, no line, right on board with mimosa in hand. Rooms ready a bit after 1pm.

Went directly to MDR to ck on dining table & to talk to maître d about food allergies. we'd requested (via TA & Celebrity-thru email, & yes I had my confirmation email with me) a round table of six. We were given (initially) 3 tables of 2. Ana, the restaurant hostess remembered my email, immediately fixed it & all was well. We had a fantastic waiter, Froilan & his assistant, Mark -- best waiter service in years!

Have to comment about our assistant maître d, Erkan. He was tremendous! Came to every table, every night, seemed genuinely interested in our enjoyment, not only of the food, but also of our days activities. I don't believe the man slept, as he spent his days in the buffet (breakfast & lunch) supervising & actually clearing tables if needed (most unusual, nice to see the can-do team attitude). His team appeared to be very tightly knit & cheerful.

I hosted the Sailaway for 110 cruise critic friends. The event coordinator, Annie, & bar manager, Allwyn, actually set up a separate bar for us on the lawn - such a nice touch - hope you all found us, we were still close to the Sunset Bar!

We dined in Tuscan Grille one night, the filet mignon was perfect; however, we all felt that the service was rushed. We gladly went back to the MDR with Froilan & Mark. Bistro on Five was a lovely lunch one sea day. Oceanview Cafe was SO much better than before. I had perfect poached eggs every day & everyone on staff was so cheerful.

This was the first time we'd had a beverage package, not sure I'll ever be able to cruise without one again! So convenient, especially not signing those little slips of paper! Beverage service was great, except casino; didn't appear to be any servers other than an overworked (but friendly) bartender. Music level was not an issue (as reported in other posts) for us. The Molecular Bar (oh, the Indulgence!!!), CellarMasters & Martini Bar were favorites.

We attended the production shows & music by Travis--he was truly superb. However, the final number of the last show, when the CD, Paul Baya, sang...the man has a spectacular (obviously trained) voice & I'm so glad he shared that with us.

We were thrilled to be invited to the Helipad Sailaway from Dominica & a bridge tour. They were highlights for both of us.

We did this exact cruise last year, so the islands weren't new to us.

Disembarkation was painless, got off on group 27, got our bags through customs & in our car driving away in about 30 minutes.

Going to try the Eclipse next year for the 14 night itinerary -- she'll have to go some to beat the service that the Equinox gave us this year!

Another Wonderful Cruise

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by awhfy

We did this exact cruise last year, so the islands weren't new to us.

awhfy’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 2101
2101. Great location, much smaller balcony than expected - couldn't do room service breakfast, not enough room! Great attendant, Winston! Average storage, great bathroom, omfortable Ed. Very quiet room
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran Tour

Cat tour to Nevis was wonderful, BBQ lunch was good; but we barely made the ship (10 min prior to departure). Either the time needs to be extended for St Kitts or eliminate the island. If we hadn't been in a ship tour we would have been stressing.

View All 66 Catamaran Tour Reviews