• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We were on the Cloud 9 Spa, on the 12th floor, Riviera, with a balcony. We thought the room would be larger than what we had before on the 8th floor on Carnival Liberty, three years ago.. They were totally the same room. There were four of us and we need more space to put our things away. We lined suit cases up against the wall going out to the balcony. We had 3 closest and used those also. The two drawers under the couch, one was full of sheets, etc. They need to remove those items so you can put more clothes out of the way. I should have asked them to, but did not. I put my suit case under the big bed after I emptied it. Lots of room under the big bed for storage of suit cases.The refrigerator was full of juice and pop. We made them remove all of it so we could keep our own drinks in it. It makes it tempting to have all of that in the fridge and if you drank any of it you are charged for it.The stewards were just wonderful. They straightened our room twice a day. In mornings, removed dirty towels, cleaned, vacuumed. The 2nd time, they turned down the bed and removed all dirty towels, vacuumed and straightened and cleaned again. Room service was very good also.We will go again. We loved it.You can feel more movement in the ship on the 12th floor.

The buffet food for lunch and dinner was not real good and also was luke warm to cool. All of the carving meat that we had was tough and could not be eaten.The restaurants on board had delicious food. But the food was also luke warm to cool. Breakfast was just about the same every day. They had an Italian restaurant on the 11th floor and the food was delicious. Opened for lunch and did not open for dinner. I told my daughter in law we should have eaten there all week.

We had a good time on board. Lots of things to do. All of the stewards were wonderful. The weather was good to us.

Port Reviews

Roatan

Mahogany Bay, was all shops. They had a nice beach area that was free. We did not make any excursions here. Everything is very close together. One end is shopping and the other end is the beach. If you are going to go to the beach go here, it is free. Bathrooms and dressing rooms. Close enough to the ship to go back and eat lunch if you want.They have the air tram here. I have bad knees and I walked from ship to shops to the beach area. It is not far at all. Almost all shaded to walk to the beach.

Find a Carnival Dream Cruise from $359