• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Costa Serena Review

Editor Rating

Don't sail with Costa!!!!!!!

Review for Costa Serena to the Mediterranean
Kipper21
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2014
Cabin:

We are not normally difficult to please. We have taken eight cruises between my sister and I and have never been so disappointed as with this Costa Cruise. If I ever hear the phrase "impossibla" or "madam it is not possible" again I will scream!

When you take a cruise you have to accept that you are a captive audience and all that goes with that. However, Costa take this to an entirely different level. The staff are trained in the a way which seems to be that the customer is never right and expects too much! By the end of our seven day cruise we had a list of three A4 sheets of complaints (we don't normally do this!).

A few examples - The lifeboat drill was a farce - we asked a number of crew for directions and were sent the wrong way three times before finding the English speaking presentation - this did not fill us with confidence from the first day!! We politely asked the deck crew to get out some sunbeds on an upper deck - they were very reluctant, saying that they could only get them out on one deck (not where we had found a sheltered spot!) We both drink a lot of water……despite being on the all inclusive package, water was restricted to a serving by the glass (small) and I could not get a glass of Prosecco (normally included at the bars) in the dining room as a dessert wine. Also huge queues for the buffet on returning from excursions, pools closed for no apparent reason, children in adult areas and poor excursions, where supposed English speaking guides could only repeat "is very important" for most of the landmarks! All of these are indicative of poor organisation and poor customer service.

1 Helpful Vote