• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

molly/sheba
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2014
Cabin:

My girlfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays with a cruise (thanks to our husbands). We took the Cruise Connection bus from our homes in Fort Myers to the Port of Miami. Within about 40 minutes we were eating lunch on the Lido deck. We didn't know what percentage of passengers would be "spring breakers". It was about 90%. We are both seniors. This was a group of very well manered young adults. We enjoyed every minute of our time aboard the Ecstacy.

The balcony was quite small, just enough room for two people. Two chairs and a table. Our balcony was suppose to be a partial obstruction, but we only had a very small rubber boat slightly obstructing our view. We were the last cabin in the front section and the cabin next to us was unoccupied. Needless to say, we had a very quiet area. I've never been on a ship that had rooms above the Lido deck so I had to stop and think before I said "lets head down one floor to the Lido deck". Our cabin steward kept our room in perfect order, we always had ice and plenty of towels. The beds are very comfy and the pillows are awesome.

I've read mixed reviews about the food, condition of the ship, etc. Have you ever been in a restaurant and encountered diners who complain about their food? Well friends, you will get that also on Cruise Critic. As far as I am concerned this is a very well maintained and clean ship with the friendliest crew and the food was wonderful. Hot foods were hot, cold foods were cold and they were NEVER out of any selections either in your dining room or the buffet. Their lemonade was sooo good. We had almost 2000 people on board and yet everyone had a table or lounge chair on deck. I'd say they planned for the large crowd and pulled it off idealy. I would step aboard the Ecstacy again and again.

Port Reviews

Key West

We were taken by bus from the pier to Key West. There is so much to see and do here. The bus driver gives you history of the town as you travel about 5 miles into town. This is a free bus ride with a very nice driver. We arrived at 7:30 a.m. however my friend and I decided to sleep in, then do breakfast after the crowd had left the ship. It was rather quiet at the buffet. It was Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) and Mardi Gras was to take place in Key West but not until the evening. There were a lot of people handing out the beads and starting to party but the majority of people were saving their energy for the evening festivities. We did some shopping as there are lots of stores and great gift ideas. If you go to Key West on a cruise, do go into town, it's a fun adventure.We also stopped in Cozumel, but my friend and I only did a little shopping and didn't venture too far. I've been here many times before so we decided to return to the ship early to kick back before dinner. There are many things to do in Cozumel and the tours are a good way to see the island.

previous reviewnext review