Arcadia Cruise Review

Fabulously friendly passengers

Arcadia Cruise Review by trishntrev

• Sail Date: Feb 2012
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

This cruise was a great mix of English, Australians an a few Kiwis. It was the friendliest cruise I have ever been on. Not necessarily with the crew though.

The shows in the theatre were brilliant and the best I have ever seen oh any cruise, I couldn't believe how lucky we were to have Pam Ayres one night.We also had the Tenor boys and a variety of other very professional shows. We actually went every night. The day time activities were also just the best.

I was absolutely impressed with the fuss free and smooth boarding, it took no time at all. How ever, we were not at any stage shown to our cabin, we had to muddle our own way there.

We were given a small bottle of water at LA and then another at Sydney, not at all very generous. We had to pay for it after that.

The food in the belvedere was just terrible.The night we had Indian that was all there was, tough for people like me who don't eat Indian, same with their Sea food night, no alternative. Generally speaking the food was dull, boring and bland. often to the point of being inedible. The absolute worst for me the mashed potatoes were just slop.Surely they should notice by the amount of plates going back still full. Certainly the worst I have ever experienced. We called it Woollies Cafe. The menu had no imagination what so ever.The waiters were slow and disorganised, the plates and dirty tables piled up, we had to ask for the tables to be wiped down so we could sit there.

The food in the Meridian was delicious, well served and presented. Waiter for the most were friendly happy souls. As they had 8 black tie nights in the month, we ate in the Buffet instead, much to our horror.

Toilets were repeatedly out of order - or there was no water or electricity. . At other times it was wash basins or hand driers not working - the knock on effect being empty paper towel holders.

There were also some very strange, garbage type, or sewer smells in several places on the ship.Not a pleasant experience as you can imagine.

Although she is a beautiful ship, she is not a patch on many of the others.

The library was so small, you would be lucky to get a seat in there.

It is no wonder so many people on the ship were ill with chest infections, including us. First time we have ever been ill on a cruise. We are in agreement with many that we spoke to on the ship, we will not be cruising with P& O again.

this is just my opinion.

trishntrev's Full Rating Summary

Cabin was great quiet, good size, loads of storage.

trishntrev