3. Carnival Paradise

First, let me say its important to remember that everyone's expectations are not going to be the same. This was my families first time going on a cruise so we tried to have an open mind about everything and make sure to talk about what we liked and didn't like on the cruise. I'll start off with our dislikes.

Ok, they have an endless bubbles "soft drink" special that is $39.99 I believe and with that you can get a soda from any of the bars on the ship which is great. The small issue is that we're night owls and sometimes we would want room service with a soft drink, but the endless bubbles card did not apply to room service. I think that if you pay almost $40 you should be able to get a soda whenever. Not a big deal, just something that we didn't like.

Another thing we didn't like were the pools. They were freezing cold, even the hot tub was more of a warm tub. We thought maybe when we got further into the gulf of Mexico the water might warm up. It definitely did not. Going to the pool was part of our plan since two of our five days were going to be at sea. As super hot as the water coming out of the faucets were, I thought they should have some way to heat the pools.

Also, my wife wanted to have a massage while she was on the boat, but she is very sensitive to many scents and she wasn't able to get a massage because they did not have any kind of unscented oils or lotions, so if you have allergies that may not be something you would be able to do.

Now on to the positives which was pretty much 95% of the trip.

The staff was awesome, extremely friendly and almost always found with a smile on their face. I only had some slight difficulty in communicating with some of the staff (mainly getting my breakfast cooked exactly right. Some of their crew members spoke many languages and that was impressive.

That boat was clean, and they were constantly cleaning, and I mean everywhere. Inside, outside, window washers, floor scrubbers, I saw a guy wiping down the "hand sanitizer" station. Very very clean.

Entertainment was pretty good there was something going on at all times on the ship and boy do people like to karaoke when they've had a few drinks in them.

The good definitely outweighs the bad, but you have to take into account that this is a smaller and a bit older ship. I think you'll have a great time as long as you let yourself have a great time.

Fantastic time, wonderful people, great staff

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Atldirtybird

Now on to the positives which was pretty much 95% of the trip.

Atldirtybird’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin m153

The room seemed to be a bit smaller than what I have seen advertised on most cruise ships. This one wasn't large enough to have a couch and just had the two beds that pushed together.

Carnival Paradise Deck Plans