NCL Epic: Enjoyed it: Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Johnty
Overall Member Rating
NCL Epic: Enjoyed it
Destination: Mexican Riviera
First the negatives:
- We were disappointed that there was no information in the cabin about the ship. Especially irritating was no schematic or floor plan of the ship. Epic is a very large ship (5,000 passengers and 18 decks). Not having a map of where everything was located was annoying.
- They allow smoking in the casino. This raises two issues: one is the smell which is nasty and unavoidable - even at nonsmoking tables. Another is the fact that the casino is on the same deck as the main entertainment venues, which forces everyone aft to walk through the smelly casino to get to the shows. I would encourage NCL More to rethink this decision.
- The design of our cabin was strange. The toilet was on one side behind a sliding door and was tiny. The tub/shower was on the other side. The sink was separate and next to the toilet. The sink was tiny.
Now the positives:
- Food. The main dining room food was fine. We never had to wait for a seat. My wife actually had one of her best meals there. Le Bistro, Cagney's and La Cucina were very good. Tappanyaki and Shanghai were only OK. I would not bother with Shanghai. The buffet was good with a huge selection. There are several outdoor venues for simple food that are good.
- Entertainment. Best of any ship we have been on. The dueling pianos were great! Blue Man Group was fun, but not for everybody (a little strange, but that is their shtick). Second City was pretty good - a little hit and miss, but it is improv, so that is expected.
All things considered, the cruise exceeded our admittedly low expectations. The price was right and the crowds were not a problem. It did make us appreciate the quality of Oceania, tho. Less
Cabin review: 10256
Carnival Imagination Baja Mexi...
Great Service Oriented Crew on...
An awesome lost weekend!
A scaled up cruise ship, witho...
First cruise. Relaxing and enj...
Good but lots of overpricing w...