3. Golden Princess

Very disappointing experience with princess. Service was all about selling services a d products - not about the passenger's experience. Everything was an additional fee including water and non alcoholic drinks in the specialty restaurants.

Although this cruise took us through some of the most amazing natural wonders on earth - e.g. Amalia glacier, Cape Horn, there was no naturalist on board or any enrichment lectures/presentations on South America. We often arrived at the sites when it was barely light and left before full daylight so limited viewing time. I have no idea why the arrival time could not have been arranged for full daylight.

Food was uneven in all venues including the specialty restaurants. Not worth the $25 per head charge.

Fitness center is not adequate to accommodate 2,600 passengers. Often lines for treadmill in AM. Only 12 treadmills and 6 elipticals.

Internet service was poor. The log off instructions would often cause my ipad to hang for 5 to 10 minutes for which I was charged. When I complaine, the ship refunded half my "idle time" minutes.

Several of the ports of call were wonderful but we booked our own excursions for most. The one ship excursion we booked through princess was quite good.

Princess around the horn and in your wallet

Golden Princess Cruise Review by San Francisco Fiesta

San Francisco Fiesta’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin D728

Cabin was spacious. Very good closet space. Bathroom and furniture a bit ragged.

Golden Princess Deck Plans