3. Carnival Ecstasy
First off we had a lot of fun! The dining room service and food were excellent! The Panorama Grill although was not that great. The Camp carnival wasn't what we expected either. No where in the literature does it say a 12yr old can just check themselves in and out whenever they choose:( We would check our son in, only to see him moments later somewhere else;( That was big thumbs down!Also about the only thing they did with that age group was offer a disco ball and music:( Not real impressive to a 6th grade boy! Our other children were in the Juniors program which was just a glorified babysitter. They were NOT impressed. Our room steward was constantly outside our door and not invisible like on most ships. In fact, I think we only got two animals towels on 6 beds in four days:( That is is a big deal when traveling with kids and they see them in all the rooms while walking down the halls. The ship /volunteer type shows were so funny. The comedians and jugglers were exceptional. The ships dancers and singers were certainly not in the class to be entertaining for that many people. I've seen better! We always seem to read reviews about how run down and dirty the Ecstasy is. Personally, I never saw any messes and there was always someone working on something. Considering this boat really never stops, I think they do very well at keeping it clean. Since there were 6 of us we had to have two rooms. Thus we requested them next door to each other since we would have an adult in each room with 2 kids. Well, that worked out fine EXCEPT they assigned each room different muster stations for the lifeboat drills. Talk about stressful! And they would NOT change it even after pleading with them. I was terrified that if the kids were in daycare or we were off the ship my lone 8 yr old would be taken somewhere else if the need arose. SCARY! And certainly didn't make for a stressfree vacation. Another thing you might watch as we were given our bill the night before disembarkation, mysteriously our room steward had charges on there we did NOT make. The pursers office would not fix it:( Finally the room steward did. But watch your bills closely!The whole embarking and disembarking process went very smoothly as they really have this taken care of now since the last time we cruised. We enjoyed it and would certainly do it again...Although we would definitely pass up Camp Carnival, the 24 hour dining, and the Las Vegas type shows that were no better than watching a sorry cable channel, it is still a good value for the money!

Carnival Ecstasy - USA