3. Azamara Journey

This was our third cruise ,the first with Azamara.  We used Choice Air to book our flights with since they had a good promotion. We stayed pre-cruise at the Marina Mandarin in Singapore which we had booked ourselves.

It was a pleasant stay with a central location.

Our embarkation was quick and efficient which we appreciated as we were anxious to get on board and begin our adventure.

Our balcony cabin was on the seventh deck which we found convenient to all the amenities including the complimentary laundry facilities.The bathroom was small but efficient like the rest of the room.The bed was very comfortable and our luggage fitted nicely under it.Luis,our room steward, did a good job of keeping our room tidy( wish I could bring him home!).

There were a few activities on board but I only participated in some yoga and Pilates classes which I enjoyed even though I had never done them before.My husband and I both enjoyed the destination enrichment , the topic being the Ancient History of Southeast Asia.The speaker was very interesting and entertaining.

The service throughout the ship was outstanding.Everyone was super friendly and eager to assist you in whatever was needed.We were treated like royalty...I'm having a hard time adjusting to reality back home!

The destinations were one of the reasons why we picked this cruise.We didn't use any of the ships excursions but we did hear positive things from those that did. We were a group of six so we arranged our own.We loved the ports of call and the many over night stays. Bangkok was amazing but was so was Ho Chi Minh City,Da Nang and Halong Bay!

The food on the boat was out of this world.We had a great buffet breakfast mostly in the Windows Cafe.The hamburgers at the Pool Grill were delicious.Dinner we had at the Discoveries Restaurant most evenings.The food and service was superb! We had one meal at the Aqualina Restaurant and one at the Prime C Restaurant and they were good but we would have been just as happy at the Discoveries Restaurant.The service was top notch at all the restaurants.

Do you detect a certain trend here?

The entertainment was very good throughout the ship.We went to a show almost every night and were never disappointed. The entertainers were very talented and professional.I enjoyed them just as much as I did the entertainment on a much larger ship.

The Azamazing Evening was not to our taste though not through lack of effort or organization.

Disembarkation was smooth with no problems.

In conclusion I can say that the destinations and the all inclusive beverage and gratuity package certainly attracted us to this cruise. The excellent service was a huge bonus and this may have been our first Azamara cruise but it won't be our last!

Couple of tips: make sure you go to the right cruise terminal in Singapore - we obviously didn't!

Also if you want to use the laundry facilities make sure you're either there when the doors open waiting for it to open or use it when everyone is off the ship.

Great Itinerary! Great Crew!

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by xraygirl54

• Sail Date: February 2014
  • Destination: Asia

It was a pleasant stay with a central location.

Do you detect a certain trend here?

Disembarkation was smooth with no problems.

xraygirl54’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin was small but there was an efficient use of space. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of room for luggage to be stored underneath.We found the closet a little small with not enough hangers. The bathroom was small but functional.The balcony was pleasant with a table and two chairs.We enjoyed sitting out there several times.

Azamara Journey Deck Plans