3. Carnival Paradise
After booking airfare for springbreak and a hotel and car rental, we looked into a cruise instead. It was 300.00 cheaper to cruise not including FOOD. So we just returned from the Carnival Paradise out of Tampa. It is a smaller ship which we tend to like. However, we have to say, the food was TERRIBLE. (the buffett by pool was acceptable) the dining room, NOT SO MUCH. Everything else was typical cruise. We did my time dining. Did not work. We wanted to eat at 6 we ate at 7. They gave us a beeper and we had to wait. We tried to communicate with hostesses but the language barrier prevented us from getting an answer as to whether or not waiting an hour for dinner would be the norm. My 16 year old daughter and her 17 year old friend had a blast. Lots of good times in Club 02. However, she made a comment to me, "boy, it is different in the older kids club, they swear and talk about everything right in front of you". Their director of that club was leaving this cruise was his last after 8 months. Maybe that was why he felt it was ok. Not sure. Also, he was observed in the clubs late nite by a fellow cruiser (pantsing) another worker who did not have any underwear on!! And "grinding" and hanging all over passengers... Inappropriate behavior by staff with other staff and passengers. She was appalled. They both had their name tags on otherwise would not have known they were employees. We had a problem coming into port on last day. Fog made us late which resulted in me missing my flight and not being able to get another until the next day out of ORLANDO which meant renting a car or taking a shuttle and getting a room. All not compensated by the airline or cruiseline because it was weather related.

Spring break 2014

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by trotterlvr

Everything else was typical cruise.

trotterlvr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Cabin m107
cabin was spacious enough. We had two beds with a roll out set next to one of them. Plenty of storage. Bath was good.
  Carnival Paradise Deck Plans

• Beach
    after walking about in town we took a taxi to Carlos and Charlies Beach bar. It was a short ride and only 15.00. Well worth it. Very quiet, lots of chairs with or without umbrellas, plenty to do or not do. No badgering us to do the floating water park, but nice it was there if my 16 year olds wanted to do it. Jet skis, banana boat rides, parasailing, all if you wanted. But nice NO one bothered us to do it. There was sand volleyball if we wanted also.
  • Jet Skiing
    All correspondence with Ebanks was exceptional. Price was very good compared to others. They were waiting for us right where they said. Upon traveling to site however the weather on sandbar was rough and the sand bar closed. Ebanks gave us the choice of cancelling and suggested it as visibility would be poor for snorkeling. They then offered to take us wherever we wanted and suggested Surfside bar on 7 mile beach. Turned out very nice and fun.
    View All 24 Jet Skiing Reviews