3. Norwegian Sun

I just got back from an 11 day cruise with my parents and I have to say Norwegian doesn't disappoint. We had an inside cabin for 3 and I really appreciated the couch that made out into a bed so I didn't have to climb into an upper bunk. The Entertainment was probably the best I have seen, I was particularly impressed with the Soul Duo, Graffiti Classics, and the comedians.

The Sun is a smaller ship making it easy to get around, but there was a shortage of deck chairs on the sea days. I think a lot of the problem was with people holding chairs all day.

The ports and shore excursions I arranged through the ship were great except for Guadalupe, but more about that later. The MIDUSHI excursion in Aruba was incredible, it was my first time snorkeling and they were so accommodating and helpful. The crew made sure everyone had a great time, and the snack was a full meal. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great day on the water. The other great ship excursion I took was snorkeling with Captain Nautical. They use a fast boat to get you to the coves and we had an hour in the water at 2 separate locations.

We did an Irie Tours in Curacao it was a blast and one of the best land tours we did.

Guadalupe was interesting and I enjoyed my tour of the zoo and the tree top walkways but overall I was disappointed in the stop. Dispatching the tours was chaotic, and while our guide spoke English, this was the first tour he had ever led and had not even visited the site. My parents described there tour as a drive around the island at 50 miles an hour with a guide who barely spoke English and didn't have much to say. I heard a lot of the other people from the ship complaining about their tours and a lot of the shops wouldn't take american or Canadian $ or gave different exchange rates.

Overall it was a great trip and I would definitely cruise on the Sun again.

Fun in the Sun

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by radgalut

Overall it was a great trip and I would definitely cruise on the Sun again.

radgalut’s Full Rating Summary

Norwegian Sun Deck Plans

• Snorkeling

SAIL ARUBA ON THE MIDUSHI

What an incredible crew. I loved everything from the fun bus ride, the water taxi, snorkeling training, snorkeling over the wreck, and even swinging (ok more like falling) form the rope swing. It was a blast and the "snack" was a full meal of rice, bbq chicken, fish, and salad. I had never snorkeled before and they took great care of me. I would definitely do this excursion again!.

View All 123 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Island Tour

Did an island tour it was a good introduction to the island and the guide was good.

View All 105 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour

What a fun day. We saw a lot of the island, and also had a beach break. The driver and host were a blast and it included soda, beer and water.

FUN Well worth the $

View All 145 Island Tour Reviews
  • Les Mamelles Zoological Park

The zoo was nice but the tour was a mess. The guide spoke english, but this was his first tour and he had never been to the zoo.

View All 1 Les Mamelles Zoological Park Reviews
  • Snorkeling

CAPTAIN NAUTICA SNORKEL

A blast, it was like 2 tours in one We had a fast boat ride to shipwreck cove where we had a hour in the water to explore. Lots of fish, coral, sea urchins etc. Then a short ride to turtle bay and another hour in the water and got to see lots of turtles. Hurricane Hunter was a great captain. They also had snacks and water.

View All 264 Snorkeling Reviews