3. Island Princess

This is not the first cruise I have taken, but it is the first one that was 15 days. My husband and I are fairly active and I called Princess several times prior to final payment to verify there were certain activities on board. Our ship had 4 days in a row at sea and we needed to guarantee some physical stimulus. First of all, the web site stated that there was a golf simulation screen on board. It was removed last year. There was a resistance wave swimming pool advertised. The pool didn't work as a resistance wave, it was just a pool.

There were a total of 10 treadmills, 4 were broken. Several pulleys on the weight machines were broken and unable to be replaced. There was one free class at 7:30 a.m. the rest were for a fee.

Princess has made the decision to not have a Bridge Director after March 2014. They will use a member of the Princess staff to run all Bridge games after this time. There is no guarantee that the staff member will have masters points and be a director. That is not going to work very well.

We also had anytime dining. Meaning we could have dinner anytime from 5:15 to 9:30 without a set seating schedule. You could call after 8:00 a.m. and make a reservation for the evening. Well most of us could never get in before 7:30 p.m., which wasn't convenient if we wanted to attend an early show. We finally discovered that because so many people wanted the 530p.m. seating they just spilled into the anytime dining room and the people who signed up for "anytime dining" couldnt even get a seat until 730-745.

Princess Cruise Review

Island Princess Cruise Review by Gagirl1014

Gagirl1014’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin was great. Steward was wonderful! Great service from beginning to end.

Island Princess Deck Plans