3. Carnival Sunshine

If you read the reviews on this site you wonder what peoples expectations are prior to stepping on board a ship. I have sailed on the Destiny and the Sunshine and can say I didn't recognize much remaining of the Destiny. The Sunshine is a GREAT ship. Offer much for anyone on board to do if they take the time to do things and not wallow all week in negative attitudes towards Carnival or the Sunshine. Yes all Cruise lines have had cutbacks but so has the entire travel industry. We had a great week onboard and encourage anyone who wants a good time to explore taking the Sunshine. If you do go I'm hopeful you have the same great entertainers we had in Andy and Adam playing most nights in the Red Frog Pub. Or Ben at the Piano bar. Our MDR staff was incredible and some of the best staff I've encountered on a ship. Our room attendant did a fantastic job keeping our stateroom cleaned each day. The sailing experience was smooth and while there were many onboard if you stagger your times to eat, enjoy a show or whatever you want to do you'll find little to no lines. We didn't encounter any sewage smells in our stateroom or any common areas. We found the serenity deck to be the largest on any Carnival ship and a nice reprieve from areas where children were allowed. I'd sail the Sunshine again and plan to do so in 2015. Hopefully if you go you'll enjoy the ship as much as we did last week.

Fun Times on the Sunshine

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by cadsev

cadsev’s Full Rating Summary

Room was nice but not certain I'd book a suite again. You don't spend enough time in the room to warrant a suite or balcony room.

Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans

• Paradise Beach

One word.....AWESOME. If you want a great beach with a great attentive staff, great food and drinks, plus an amazing pool this is the place to go. For $4 cab ride and $3 entrance fee we had an amazing day in Cozumel!

View All 79 Paradise Beach Reviews
  • Grand Cayman

Loved this port but was short lived due to rain. We went to 7 Mile Beach and had a great time initially until the downpour. Then we headed back to town for some shopping and sight seeing. Would love to visit here again.

View All 2,845 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Sunset Beach Resort

Was nice for a one day encounter but would not stay here for an extended stay. The water slides and lazy river were nice. The beach was small but still very nice. The food was average and the drinks were decent but provided an enjoyable time for us.

View All 13 Sunset Beach Resort Reviews