3. Norwegian Jewel
Our cruise vacation started off at the Marriott in the french quarters, great location but a bit pricey for the accommodations. Parking is valet only and will cost 35.00 plus tax per day. The rooms are small and the decor is more like a 2-star but the beds are very comfortable. They had a Starbucks and we enjoyed having that option at the hotel. First off me and my husband are in our late 30's and have no children. We like to vacation and don't mind spending extra money to get better service and accommodations. This is why we book suites when we cruise. We booked the 2 bedroom family suite with balcony. We've stayed in this suite before and enjoyed having the two bathrooms and really love the layout of the suite. Although we didn't use the second bedroom it was nice to have a place to store our luggage. The good- --The Unlimited Beverage Package was good. We enjoyed trying different drinks each day and our favorite two was the Bloody Mary and Bushwacker. --The breads were great. They give many options in your bread basket each night at dinner and I really was glad to sample each. --The Roasted Chicken at lunch in Cagney's and the Cagney fries. --The shows were great and we really enjoyed the ones that we watched. --Had many really nice staff members through out the ship. --Our fellow cruise passengers were friendly and everyone seemed to mingle well. --The coffee in the suites was nice and I enjoyed many cups. --I lost a 200.00 casino ticket and it was turned in by a staff member! How great was that. kudos for keeping honesty alive. --Easy on and easy off ship. The Bad- --Number one would be the POOR quality of food. This was a major disappointment. I was shocked at how bad the quality of food was. We are in no way hard to please. The bacon was so thin it was like eating bacon flavored tissue paper. The food was cheap tasting even the burgers and fries. Cold soggy wings at blue lagoon. I really am put off on how bad the food was. I really felt ripped off because I paid a lot of money for this cruise and would have been fine eating decent fries and burgers and couldn't even get that! The steaks were thin and not as described. Soup was blah. Pork was small over cooked and tasteless. Salt shakers were either not working or broken. Ncl really has pushed the limit with the quality of food. Buffet at Golden Corral is better than the food they served us on our cruise. --The hip hop music at the pool was strange. Most of the people enjoying the pool area was 50 and above. I think the music was more suited for the staff? --The sewer smell throughout the ship, and the mold smell from our shower...(gross)! --Multiple public restrooms were foul smelling and needed cleaning. --Casino was to small and over crowded. Reeked of smoke...many smokers on our cruise. Smoking doesn't bother me but if you are bothered by it you will want to stay clear of the casino because it's bad, and you will definitely smell like a smoker when you leave. Had the food been up to par this vacation would have been great. When I book my next cruise I will search out other cruise lines to find one that most meets our needs. Food isn't everything on vacation but we like enjoy ourselves and splurge on foods we wouldn't normally eat, but NCL made this impossible. Next time I will read more reviews and search other cruise lines.

Could have been better.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by gatime

The good-
--The Roasted Chicken at lunch in Cagney's and the Cagney fries.
--The shows were great and we really enjoyed the ones that we watched.
--Had many really nice staff members through out the ship.
--The coffee in the suites was nice and I enjoyed many cups.
--Easy on and easy off ship.
The Bad-
--Multiple public restrooms were foul smelling and needed cleaning.

gatime’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Room was quiet and very roomy. Plenty of seating and storage.
  Norwegian Jewel Deck Plans