Marina Cruise Review

Amenities good but just a mask

Marina Cruise Review by womanalive

• Sail Date: Nov 2013
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

I sailed on the Oceania Marina on November 10, 2013. The first 5 days went very well. All of the ships employees met expectations. The food was very good and gourmet. The accommodations in a balcony room were spacious, luxurious and comfortable......

Then the bombshell. I became ill and had to see the M.D...or what passes for an M.D. I was in sick-bay for approx. 3 hours and had to receive I.V. fluids. At one point when I questioned the treatment because my hearing is not superb the M.D. said "If you don't like the treatment here you can go to a hospital in Palermo where the doctors do not speak any English." Was this a threat I ask you. At the end of the 3 hours the price was a mere $1,792.00 for which I have yet to get paid. I have not gotten paid from my insurance company because the M.D or so-called M.D. did not use the proper coding.

This experience has so soured me against cruises that I do not think that I will every cruise again even though this was my 7th. (first on Oceania). I wrote to Oceania and they refused to accept any responsibility.

womanalive's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom amenities were very nice.

womanalive