As a first time cruiser I was really impressed with this ship. It was clean and well appointed, the food was good and the service prompt and friendly. Having booked at the last minute we got excellent value for money. The Thomson Dreamliner flights were probably the most comfortable economy class flights we have had. The transfer was quick and easy. I was impressed with the infection control procedures, just a shame all passengers didn't follow them.

Our cabin was small but well appointed, tea and coffee, a fridge with daily ice provided by our excellent steward and a very comfy bed. There was not much to watch on the TV. Lots of towels and you could take the blue ones ashore to use at the beach.

All the staff were attentive. I was impressed with how quickly the tables were cleared. There was never any sign of litter and I only saw one fly in a fortnight!

The food in the Beach house restaurant at night was our favourite. The freedom dining option was flexible, meaning that we could pick our entertainment and then fit dinner in to suit our itinerary.

There was plenty of choice of entertainment and food venues.

The drinks were not overpriced and the service charge was reasonable.

The Sailaway parties were not my cup of tea, but you didn't have to go far to find a quiet spot to sit and watch the land disappear and the sunset.

On sea days the decks are packed with sunbeds, some people had two each, one in the sun on in the shade, perhaps P&O need to employ a sunbed policeman.

In conclusion two weeks in the Caribbean for £71.43 per person per night, including flights, can't be beaten.

Two tips don't buy the bottled water, the tap water is fine. Do your own thing when ashore, it's cheaper.

Excellent value

Ventura Cruise Review by IreneW

There was plenty of choice of entertainment and food venues.

The drinks were not overpriced and the service charge was reasonable.

IreneW’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin C204

Good firm bed.
Good steward.
Nice to have a fridge and ice so that we could have a drink in the cabin.

Ventura Deck Plans