3. Carnival Victory

My husband and I wanted to go away to celebrate our ten year anniversary so I booked this trip because it was the only cruise that worked with our very busy schedules.

THE SHIP:

OLD- but well maintained. Everything was in working order and you constantly saw people cleaning or repairing something. I was actually surprised how clean the ship seemed considering it was showing it's age. The decor needs to be updated to this century but if you can overlook the cheesieness of the decor you can have a great time.

THE ROOM:

We had a balcony room on the 10th deck and it was AMAZING. It had a great view and Emerson the Room Steward was very accommodating and helpful. The room was small and a bit old in decor but it was clean and in good working order.

Food:

YUCK!!! I am not a food snob- I love to eat but I think I actually lost weight on the cruise. The only things that were edible were the made-to-order omlettes and the deli on the lido deck. The food in the dining room was bad and actually terrible the sea-day brunch when they brought out brown strawberries over warm cottage cheese. The pizza was pretty good too- we ate that on Superbowl night.

PORTS:

Key West- I've been there about 100 times so this time my husband and I just rented bikes and rode around the beaches- it was a great way to spend the morning and the bikes were only $15.00 right off the port. We also did the normal Duval Crawl and ended up at Burger FI (AMAZING BURGERS!!!).

Cozumel- We went to Mr. Sanchos and did the all inclusive thing. Great way to go! I guess because it's off season it was not busy and we were completely pampered. We also met some other great couples both on our ship and other ships. I would totally do this option again if/when we return. My only issue with going to Mr. Sanchos was I enjoyed a few too many margaritas to be able to shop after we left- I went back to the boat for a nap! :-)

Service/Entertainment:

I truly cannot complain about the service. The staff was great. We enjoyed some of the entertainment especially the comedy and the piano bar. I also thought watching the Superbowl on a giant screen by the pool was great. We even bought art work.

DISEMBARKATION:

EASY- we were off the ship and in our car within 30 minutes of leaving the cabin.

Overall- it was a great trip. Yes, Carnival is kinda like the Wal-mart of cruises but you can still have a great time, meet normal people and just relax. And as I have heard many times a bad day at sea is better than a great day at the office!

Good for an inexpensive getaway!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by MomInJax

MomInJax’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8E 1010

Great room- great view.

Bring a bottle or two of wine with you and sit out and enjoy the sea breeze. Just dont forget the opener!

Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins