Carnival Sensation Cruise Review

Amazing Time on the Sensation

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by TheCriuseDirector

• Sail Date: Dec 2013
  • Destination: the Bahamas

Ok, so this was my families 2nd cruise (2nd with Carnival). We stayed on the same class of ship of our first one. We sailed over Christmas with my Aunt, Uncle, 2 cousins, Grandparents, Mom, and Dad. In total, that makes 9. On this cruise, we went to Freeport and Nassau, going on excursions in each port.

Our embarkation went smooth as ever! We somehow got moved up to the front of the line (probably because we were a group of 9). Once we passed baggage and the metal detectors, we had to wait only 15 minutes before we boarded the ship! I am kind of sad that we had such a good experience, because nothing will compare to how easy the embarkation was.

Second order of business is the food. The food was amazing in the Ecstasy Dining Room. The food in the Lido deck restaurant was amazing as well. The lines were long, but the food was hot and delicious.

Next, the cabin my family had was an ocean view room, M214. For 3 people, it was highly spacious and luxurious.

Finally, our service was phenomenal! Our cabin steward Putu (i hope i spelled that right) knew all of our names before we left Port Canaveral. He did a fantastic job making towel animals and I always looked forward to seeing which one it would be that night. Lastly, our dining staff consisted of Jeffery, Ivelyn, and Marianna who all took great care of us and catered to our every will. One night, we ordered like 14 total appetizers (for the whole group not just us 3) and they didn't hesitate to bring it to us.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas vacation!

Sincerely~

TheCruiseDirector

TheCriuseDirector's Full Rating Summary

Our cabin was amazing! Hope Putu is your cabin steward, he is awesome.

Snorkeling

On our first day, we were in Freeport. We took the Paradise Cove/ Dead Man's Reef Snorkel excursion. It was an awesome experience except for the beginning where it was very unorganized. All in all, it was great and we might do that excursion again.

View All 100 Snorkeling Reviews
Atlantis Resort

Atlantis was a very detailed and lovely water park. I thought it was too big and the lines were too long. But hey, what can you expect from a resort that is internationally known. I loved the experience but i highly doubt we will do the excursion again.

View All 765 Atlantis Resort Reviews