3. Celebrity Eclipse

We enjoyed our cruise however after visiting so many islands, they all started to look the same. We had a balcony room on 6. The life boats were just below us and took a little bit away from the view.

We missed having a Promenade Deck. I like to walk the mile around the ship each day and that was missing!

The jogging deck on 14 was not really a "jogging" deck. There were many chaise lounges with people sunning everywhere on that deck and the deck was extremely crowded all the time where one could not even walk at a normal pace. My husband used the gym each day and found that to be accommodating.

We liked our room and thought the bathroom was larger than on most other ships. The glass type shower door was very nice! The bed was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in on a cruise ship. (We have been on approximately 15 cruises) We enjoyed being able to order a full breakfast in our room and liked that they called us when food was on it's way.

We loved the buffet for lunch! There was everything and anything that one could want to eat, and there was always was always an available table. It was far superior than on Princess ships.

We did not like the dining room for lunch. They served mostly hot meals and there was not an assortment of light meals.

The service was great at select dining. The food was wonderful some nights and other nights it was just so-so.

The room steward was excellent and was very attentive. His name was Finton.

I have to say that the disembarkation was a nightmare. We had to stand in mega lines to go through customs. Never had that experience on previous cruises.

Plus and Minus on Eclipse

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by DollyVardin

The room steward was excellent and was very attentive. His name was Finton.

DollyVardin’s Full Rating Summary

Bed was very comfortable! Liked the large bathroom with enclosed shower. Thought the lifeboats were a little distracting when looking out at the view.

Celebrity Eclipse Deck Plans