Princess takes a wrong turn: Royal Princess Cruise Review by KenC
Overall Member Rating
Princess takes a wrong turn
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
In a nutshell my gripes are
- fixed sitting dining room is hidden away at the back of the ship, is dark and lacks any charm. (The other two dining rooms were much lighter and appealing).
- the food was pretty uninspiring and the menu choice poor.
- there are too many people on this ship! It wasn't full but it felt crowded and noisy. It was difficult to find a sunbed sometimes and made worse by people reserving them for hours on end when they had no intention of using them (we reported 2 chairs which had been reserved with towels, a book and a hat from 10.00am until after 2,00pm)
- the huge screen over the pool deck is a monstrous intrusion - how people More can sit at the pool in the afternoon with rock concerts blaring beats mer and you cannot escape the noise most places on deck!
- service everywhere was rushed and brisk - crew too busy to speak or say hello.
- whereas the atrium is an amazing space, there are few other public areas to go and no where has much of a sea view.
We enjoyed the cruise as we always make the most of everything, but we won't be choosing Princess again in a hurry and certainly won't sail on a Royal class ship again. Less
Cabin review: E108
Although rated a deluxe balcony, it felt smaller than similar grades on other ships. The bathrooms are tiny. On a ship with tiny balconies however, the space on the so called obstructed balcony was at least 4 times larger than standard balconies and open to the sky.
Great Ship and Crew
They thought of everything
First Time Cruising Family had...
14 Nights Athens to Barcelona
A phenomenal Experience
Princess Does A Great Job In C...