3. Celebrity Constellation

We have taken numerous short cruises on several cruise lines. This cruise ranks as one of my least favorite for a few reasons. First, the service in the main dining room (Celebrity Select dining) was awful. From the time we sat down, it was 45 minutes before the first course was sitting in front of us. Waters weren't refilled and they were very slow to remove empty dishes. We never did try dessert because 2 hours after sitting down, we needed to get to the show...and our dirty main course dishes were still sitting in front of us. This was some of the worst dining room service I have ever seen on a cruise.

Craig, the Maitre' D in Ocean Liners, was extremely rude. In a specialty restaurant costing $45 per person, the last thing I want to hear are his opinions on American sports (he used a homophobic term to describe them), views on inter-racial marriages (he said he was against it), or his bashing of other staff members. He and his fellow host openly talked about the "hot" girls in the room All in all, it was a bad experience in Ocean Liners.

On day 1, the staff was overly aggressive on hawking the booze packages and specialty restaurants. It was extremely annoying...being solicited 13 times in the 45 minutes we ate lunch in the Oceanview Cafe.

But on to the good...the ship was spotless and beautiful. Our room was clean and our room attendant was great. The officers and most of the staff were visible and very friendly. The shows were good and the Liars Club show was hilarious.

Embarkation and debarkation were effortless and very timely.

All in all, it was just an ok cruise. I don't think Celebrity is very good at short cruises. They are better suited for longer cruises.

So-So Cruise. Nice ship, but sub-par service.

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Aquahound

• Sail Date: January 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

Embarkation and debarkation were effortless and very timely.

Aquahound’s Full Rating Summary

Great room, convenient to elevators, with large window. We were very cozy in this room. No odd noises were ever heard.

Celebrity Constellation Deck Plans