3. Carnival Fascination

When we arrived at the terminal, a police officer told us to come back in two hours at 2:30. Everyone was being turned away at the terminal. We went down the road to a Wendy's and sat with a lot of others from the ship. At 1:30, we went back to the terminal and were allowed to board the ship. Apparently, there had been a Coast guard safety inspection. Because we are platinum, we were able to board the ship within 20 minutes.

Our cabin was typical for Carnival. However,it was not as clean as it should have been. I always go over everything with antibacterial wipes when we start a cruise, but this time I felt like I was actually cleaning. Our room steward was not very good on this cruise. Really the only disappointing crew member that we encountered.

The food on this cruise seemed to be better than in the past. We were generally served quickly where ever we ate. In the MDR, ask for Boris. He was great. Maria was a very sweet bar waitress in the MDR.

One disappointment on this cruise was that we had to be back on board the last shuttle from Key West by 2:00. That really did not give us enough time to do all that we wanted to do in Key West. Some people were in line for the shuttle for over an hour. Fortunately, we were able to walk right on the shuttle without a problem.

We had a lot of fun on this cruise. I won the slot tournament so that might have something to do with it!

Fun on the Fascination