3. Crown Princess
This is my first review but not my first cruise. I am always pleased with the cruises I take on Princess. We flew in day before departure as we always enjoy a pre-cruise night. This time we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 in FLL. I booked the room through Expedia which was an ocean view in the Tower. Upon arrival we were not given that type of room. The room had a view of a gravel roof top with palm trees in the distance. Not a drop of ocean water to be seen! We documented this with photos and I have my confirmation that states ocean view and will be disputing with my credit card company. I called Expedia who had seen the photos and they put me on hold to call the hotel. They wouldn't make any adjustment and my request for a partial refund was declined by both Expedia and Hyatt Regency Pier 66. They stated that ocean view rooms are not guaranteed and it depends on availability upon check in. I've never heard of this. I've booked plenty of ocean view rooms for land and cruise vacations. It was disappointing to have a vacation start this way. Please be aware when booking with Expedia and/or the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Last year we stayed at the Hilton Marina and will definitely go their again. They were booked which is why we opted for Pier 66 plus I had read so many great reviews. We won't recommend the Hyatt Pier 66 or stay there ever again. We do love Princess Cruises! Embarkation was easy and when we arrived and went through check in, they had already started allowing guests to board. We went to our room first and dropped off our carry on bags. We have cruised on the Crown before. We love that class of their ships. I was able to forget about the bad experience with the hotel once I got to the pier. The staff is friendly and accommodating. They work so hard to make my vacation so enjoyable. We really do go for the relaxation. We don't partake in a lot of activities. We enjoy the Crown Grill and had dinner there twice. We enjoyed a couple of the shows. I thought the Mentalist was great! We always enjoy the different dining options such as the Trident Grill, pizza and, of course, International Café. I do think the food isn't what it use to be but no one ever goes hungry. I enjoy the dining room experience most nights and the Crown Grill made for a delicious option. We did enjoy a tour with Bernard Tours in St. Maarten. It was a great tour of both the island and a beach stop. We went to Maho beach and saw a couple of small planes take off. That beach is very busy and rather narrow so it was crowded but I wouldn't have missed the experience.

Another Great Cruise with Princess

Crown Princess Cruise Review by AhoyToYall

AhoyToYall’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

We were upgraded to an oceanview and didn't know it until we boarded. We initially booked an inside on the Riveria Deck. We were upgraded to the Aft ocean view on the Riveria Deck and had 2 port holes. It was a great room. We like that area of the ship being close to the adult pool and Outriggers.
  Crown Princess Deck Plans