3. Liberty of the Seas

I've sailed five times on Disney so I was nervous about my first Royal Caribbean experience. It was my friend and I, both in our early 30s.

With the port being much larger than Port Canaveral, it was also more chaotic but the taxi got us there and out without problem. It seemed a little disorderly but we found someone to take our luggage and got into the extensive line for security, which moved very quickly. I can't believe the number of people that were carrying luggage on with them. I didn't even know this was an option. The terminal was definitely very basic, but it did the job and we were checked-in and ready to board without much fanfare.

Compared to Disney, here are my areas of comparison:

Pool areas - more extensive than Disney but definitely not heated

Dining - Windjammer quality was very low but main dining room sand MyTime dining was awesome

Aesthetics - Disney wins on this one, better overalls ship upkeep and decor

Spa - Disney also wins but I won a free treatment so I can't be too hard on it

Activities - Both offered extensive activities

Shows - Surprisingly Liberty wins this one due to the variety...Saturday Night Fever was spectacular

Stateroom - Disney wins for quality and decor

Service - Disney wins by far, not one staff member greeted us in passing in public areas

Cleanliness - Disney wins and Johnny Rockets was disgusting

Gym - Huge and extensive

It's a tough comparison overall. If money was no object, I would sail Disney again. However, Liberty's prices are about 1/2 of Disney so the value award would go to Liberty.

First non-Disney Cruise

Stateroom - Disney wins for quality and decor

Cleanliness - Disney wins and Johnny Rockets was disgusting

Gym - Huge and extensive

tjustin01’s Full Rating Summary

No major complaints. Room is in the middle of the hallway so a bit of a hike to an elevator. Deep bass noise coming in the late night, but nothing terrible. I would prefer deck 7 or 8 for general location but 9 worked fine as well.

Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Beach Break

Went to Playa Mia for the day. Overall great experience even if it was a bit pricey. You'll get your money's worth if you take advantage of as many drinks as possible. It was a little chilly and windy the day we were there which meant no kayaks. Also, the pools are not heated.

View All 397 Beach Break Reviews