3. Oasis of the Seas
First Cruise with Royal Caribbean and it was OK. I guess I was expecting more and was slightly disappointed. Ship was nice; however, felt like I was just at a mall at home sometimes. Entertainment was really good. All cruise lines should have Broadway shows on them. Food was average at best several times the food showed up in the dining room cold. I think it had more to do with the dishes they used. For instance, they use metal trays for escargot rather than proper ceramic dishes that keep the heat? Did not like the constant sales pitches. Now all cruise lines do this; however, RC seemed to go a bit over board. I really do not need someone trying to sell me a cook book during my supper. All and all the service was very good Buffet was poor as well. It was difficult to tell at first which restaurants were included and which were extra due to the number of them. The reservation system needs work. Booked them all ahead of time, got free upgrade, lost all my bookings, and had to rebook on the ship which took me two tries and a couple of hours of standing in line. If you are going to upgrade a person transfer their reservations as well. There has to be a better way to handle the people wanting to see the shows. The reservations of several rows for gold card holders was a little weird. If they want to give a benefit to gold card holders give them preferential bookings. Do not hold enough seats for every gold card knowing that they will not all fill up. Embarkation was annoying, ask me once to show my sail pass, not 20 times. Prices are higher on RC and they charge stupid prices for things, Eg. two dollars for a small bag of popcorn. I would sail with RC again; however, I will lower my expectations

New Years Cruise

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ajrca

Ship was nice; however, felt like I was just at a mall at home sometimes.
All and all the service was very good
Embarkation was annoying, ask me once to show my sail pass, not 20 times.
I would sail with RC again; however, I will lower my expectations

ajrca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Very nice room, if you do not like noise, do not pick rooms over looking the boardwalk. But you do get to see the water show from you room.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans