3. Carnival Sensation

The cabin was OK but the food disappointing when you could get it. Missed eating in the dining room the first night because I wasn't up to standing in line for an hour waiting on "your time dining." That's when I discovered that the pickings on the very small and limited buffet were pretty poor. Breakfast in the dining room was good but again the lunch selecting was mediocre at best. The pizza was inedible so I tried a deli sandwich but they loaded it up with mayonnaise and then grilled it into a soggy mess. I had to throw that one away and ask specifically for an ungrilled sandwich which he reluctantly provided after my second time through the line. The last night after waiting over an hour for my supper to arrive I left to see a show at the comedy club.

The pool and adjacent deck area were quite small and crowded and the little area reserved for adults mostly unavailable as the two hottubs and seating were full each time I tried to find a spot there.

One good band and one good comedian kept it from being a total disaster. Sorry Carnival but I think it is time to end the relationship.

Blah Cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Ranchodepato

• Sail Date: January 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

Ranchodepato’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin R 35

Room was adequate but the dining room like chair was pretty worthless.

Carnival Sensation Deck Plans

• Freeport

Actually the boat didn't go to Freeport as the dock was well west of there. I did catch a but to Lucaya and it was worth about an hour of my time. Being the the food on the boat was lacking I did get a nice lunch while I was off.

View All 1,232 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau

Lots of tourist shops and a nice beach west of the Hilton. For the hardcore tourict there iare the big piles of concrete on Hog Island known as Atlantis. Once again I had a nice lunch and this time it was at Da Fish Fry about a half mile west of downtown. It is a group of restaurants that serve Bahamian food and I always fond a good meal there like cracked conch and peas and rice. Goldies and Oh Andros are nice and a few take credit cards. Catch the #10 bus from near the Hilton for $1.25 each way. And the Hilton has a very nice lobby and clean comfortable restrooms.

View All 5,278 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews