3. Norwegian Jewel
We are a family of four from Saskatchewan Canada. Kids ages are 2 weeks shy of 3 years old (we'll get into this issue later) and 5 1/2. We sailed on the January 5th sailing of the Norwegian Jewel. -Embarkation was great. Bags were taken out of our hands by cruise staff outside the port entrance. Very easy, either print tags at home or they provide you some. Big lineup inside only took maybe 20 minutes. It was well organized at the port and staff were friendly. -The staff on this ship are TOP NOTCH. Every single staff member that we encountered went out of their way to make our stay great, in particular with our kids. The kids club people are SO great my son cried and didn't want to leave, in particular one lady named Popsy. The Nickelodeon staff are also wonderful and all the Nick events were great and the kids LOVED them. Erik went out of his way and knew my kids names and everything. There is one thing that was not exceptional and that was the fact that my daughter was two weeks shy of 3 years old. She was not permitted in the kids club at all (it is a parent-free zone) and she was so sad and jealous that her brother got to go. The under 3 room is more geared towards 18 month olds and there is no leadership there just free play baby toys for parents and babies. There was one under three activity a port day and they were ALWAYS at 5:30... could you pick a more inconvenient time?!? Anyway, that's my only beef about this whole cruise. I would not recommend sailing with a "grown up" two year old that is close to three. -The weather was pretty bad, it was actually sweater weather in Cozumel. Obviously this is not the cruise ship's fault. -There is TONS to do for all ages on this cruise. There's deal or no deal and bingo daily, lots of fun evening games and parties for the adults (that we did not attend as there is no baby sitting for a two year old ... GRUMBLE*** ) -We went to one show, Cirque Bijou, an acrobat performance... so great, LOVED it. -Watched some of the couples and cruise people games on t.v. and they were hilarious. They had dancing with the stars and a couple game, really great. -We stayed in a very basic stateroom, it was clean and our steward was great. Not huge obviously but plenty big enough for our family of four. -Embarkation at port literally could not have been better in any way. We NEVER waiting in a single line-up. And there was a tender port they assign you a number and you get on that boat or any one later than that. SO easy. Really great job. -We basically only dined in the "free" restaurants and the food was excellent. Azura served up lobster and steak for me and a chicken dish for the hubby. Kids had kid food. It was wonderful. LOVED getting to choose when we wanted to eat and not have assigned seating. The Buffet was really good too. They had a Mexican theme night among other things. Lots of choices. We really liked it. We had Sushi once and it was really great too. The Japanese Steakhouse looked really good too. -There seemed to be some good shopping on the ship, we didn't shop much - The weather wasn't great so we didn't swim on the ship. My son liked the waterslide and it's cool they have a kids only hot tub. -SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL, seriously top notch. PORTS: All the ports had pushy pushy sales people at every turn, but I expected this. Just have to say no and try not to make eye contact. In Honduras people will follow you whether you want them to or not and give you a little bit of history and expect a tip. Just saying. COZUMEL: Windy, rainy and cool. But Playa Mia on a nice day would be GREAT. Awesome kids waterpark, little park for them to play on, a store that sells beach toys and merchandise, a large buffet (which to be honest really wasn't very good) and they have water sports and water trampolines, a swim up bar. I would recommend on a nice sunny day for sure. BELIZE CITY: We took a horse and buggy ride which was quaint though the sights and history are, to be truthful, not that exciting. Anyway, we still enjoyed it. I also enjoyed a curb-side coconut with the local rum added ;) I don't think the snorkeling or scuba happened due to water conditions, but this is the second largest barrier reef in the world and the largest natural one. I'm sure it was out of this world. HONDURAS: We went to Gumbalimba Animal Preserve. We had SO MUCH FUN. The foliage is lovely. The pirate stuff is a little contrived (not many artifacts and the cave is man made) and the insectarium is all preserved specimens, but interesting. The rope bridge was really fun. There were lots of pretty humming birds at the feeders. The animals are all imported but that didn't concern me. We got to hold a parrot and take our own pictures, the parrot ate the top of my son's hat off, he couldn't stop laughing. The money's are the stars of the show. They were on and off of us for at least 20 minutes. They stole my daughters kid camera (we got it back) and she thought that was so funny. They also stole this lady's water bottle, took the lid off and drank it! It was just special if you love animals like I do. COSTA MAYA: The port has a pool and shops and places to drink so you don't actually have to leave. But we took the cheap bus ride into the town and payed to have pop at the Senior Frogs. Really nice beach, but the water is really shallow due to a natural reed break a short distance out. You can snorkel here, we didn't. As it was the only hot day, my husband and I were lobsters. But we had a wonderful time. So did the kids.I didn't eat there so I don't know what the food is like. We did the walk off disembarkation and just walked off at our leisure. If you can't carry all your luggage or don't wish to you are assigned a color I think and you leave at the time assigned. Really, really easy and friendly port officials. OVERALL we LOVED this Ship and our time here. Sea days were fun and I almost wish this ship only did three ports to add that extra sea day to relax. Very much worth the money we paid !! Be aware though there is some nickle and diming with the extra restaurants and pop which was not terribly affordable. If you drink it can get pretty expensive as well, since we only have a little it was fine for us.

We had a wonderful time!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by spillz

-There seemed to be some good shopping on the ship, we didn't shop much
-SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL, seriously top notch.
PORTS:
COZUMEL:
BELIZE CITY:
HONDURAS:
COSTA MAYA:
spillz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Small but more than suitable. Bathroom didn't feel cramped. Very Clean. We had quite a bit of space to put our stuff even with four people (two kids who take up more room than the adults!). We put our suitcases under the bed. To be fair, hubby and I are not super large people, so that might affect how we felt about it!
  Norwegian Jewel Deck Plans