3. Norwegian Breakaway

What are these complainers talking about !!!! We loved the Breakaway. We opted for a large balcony in light of all the comments on Cruise Critic about the size of the regular balconies and we were very happy we did since we ate breakfast out on the balcony almost every morning. The bathroom was a nice size and our cabin steward, Errol, kept the cabin immaculate, was very personable and welcoming and immediately responded to any requests we made.

All of the crew members we encountered were smiling and happy to talk about their countries and wanted to hear about our hometown, Philly. I loved the music and dancing in the main dining room every night. The Four Seasons' show "Oh what a night" was spectacular. Much better than the corny Four Seasons' show I saw last year on the RC Explorer. The water slides, rock wall, and rope course were great. There was always something to do. The drinks at H2O were great.

While the food in the main dining room was sometimes hit or miss, e.g., the Tilapia and Grouper were fantastic, the fish/crabcake not so good, you could always order something else or go somewhere else, including the free plentiful buffet, if you were still hungry. While I only grabbed a salad and a panini for lunch once in a while, I enjoyed helping myself to the soft ice cream every day. Yum;)

The only complaint we had on the whole cruise was the homophobic, anti-gay jokes made by the crew of the Barbados turtle and shipwreck excursion, but when we brought it to the attention of the excursion desk, the manager immediately apologized, told us that it had already been reported to her by an NCL port official, and refunded us the cost of the excursion. Very professional. The next day, we took one of the best excursions I ever took, the Nevis catamaran sailaway. They took us to a secluded spot to snorkel and the sailed to Nevis, which has the most beautiful beach with a spectacular lush volcano as a backdrop. What a great vacation.

Breakaway was great

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Ilovemycavalier

Ilovemycavalier’s Full Rating Summary

Great cabin, nice size balcony, good location away from all the noise.

Norwegian Breakaway Deck Plans