3. Zuiderdam
Background Information - "Wild horses would not get me on a cruise ship" was my mantra. This was after sailing with my parents on the old Russian CTC lines Ex Sydney in the 1970's. My memories of sea sickness and boiled cabbage still haunt me today. My husband persuaded me to reconsider, I'm glad he was persistent. From the moment we boarded the vessel to the last steps off we couldn't have been happier. Hotel Information - we stayed at the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel, this suite had kitchen/lounge and separate bedroom. We were stayed before and after the cruise and would recommend. It it easy to walk to all attractions and easy to get to public transport, or taxi if required. We used the free WiFi in the coffee shop across the road Gutenberg's Cafe. Activities - we relaxed read, played trivia and enjoyed the scenery. I had a few treatments in the Spa. Hint they do reduce the treatments close to the end of the cruise, so be out on the lookout for bargains. Service - exceptional Port excursions - as per my reviews, this was our first cruise in a country and area that should be respected, so the tours we did suited our needs, as always, you may find cheaper, we enjoyed ours and also walking around by ourselves at some ports. Cabin - Verandah cabin that was clean and roomy. All you need for a great holiday. Dining - we dined in the Dining some nights, as we were far from home we sat a mixed table each night and enjoyed the conversations. Entertainment - did not see a show, we were too busy relaxing. Did go to the Church service, the only time in the large entertainment space. The Eames chairs in the Crows Nest had my attention from the first minute and the other chairs in the Crows Nest were a great way to sea the wonderful landscapes glide by. Glacier Bay cruising we choose to book a window table in the Pinnacle restaurant to watch the waterfalls, cliffs and deep blue water matched the food and wine. Bliss and memories! Disembarkation - was a breeze the taxi line was not long and we were back to our hotel in a short time. Summary - loved every minute of this cruise, everyone should sail the inland passage with HAL.

Should be on everyone's Bucket List

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Determined34

• Sail Date: July 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
Service - exceptional

Determined34’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

The verandah was used sailing into the ports and sitting watching the inland passage go by. The room was comfortable and plenty of storage, the bathroom was clean and big enough for one person only. Room steward kept the room clean and the turn down service was a nice touch.
  Zuiderdam Deck Plans