3. Serenade of the Seas

My wife and I were on the serenade of the seas for the New Year’s cruise to Key West, Nassau and Coco Cay. We had a Junior Suite (1076) and open dining times.

The ship was great having been just refitted. The crew for the most part was very friendly and professional. Our cabin was very comfortable and Kevin, our attendant, was over the top.

Vintages is a wonderful Wine Bar located on deck 6. The ladies there made an excellent drink if you are not into wine.

We chose to eat at two restaurants on the ship. Both Giovanni's Table and Chops Grille are worth the extra money. My wife enjoyed our waiter; he was from Italy, in Giovanni’s Table as she lived in Italy for 8 years. They had a great conversation and it added greatly to our dining experience.

The Casino Royale was ok. The machines took our money without a good payout.

The Reflections Dining Room staff was outstanding. The hostess was outstanding and our waiter Albert and Vlada were excellent.

Each morning we ate in the Windjammer Café and we were greeted by a very bubbly and smiling hostess, we were so impressed by her attitude we gave her a WOW card.

The Vortex is a great place to go for a nice time and an enjoyable drink.

The evening entertainment show was outstanding. Great dancers and singers.

We did spend time at the pool and found it much unkept. The ashtrays were full to overflowing, bottles, glasses and plates were very rarely picked up when the staff walked around the pool. The wait staff was great but they need to have people picking up the trash.

Shore Excursions Desk was great in switching a shore excursion for us.

My only disappointment was the Guest Services personnel.

Embarkation and Debarkation was great.

Great trip

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by saintsfan1

• Sail Date: December 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas

The Casino Royale was ok. The machines took our money without a good payout.

The Vortex is a great place to go for a nice time and an enjoyable drink.

The evening entertainment show was outstanding. Great dancers and singers.

Shore Excursions Desk was great in switching a shore excursion for us.

My only disappointment was the Guest Services personnel.

Embarkation and Debarkation was great.

saintsfan1’s Full Rating Summary

Our cabin was very comfortable and Kevin, our attendant, was over the top. We stored our suitcases under the bed. Very large closet.

Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans