3. Enchantment of the Seas

This was a standard issue cruise, and I didn't have any serious issues, but there were a few minor irritations. We stayed in 8560, with others in our family across the hall. The room was lovely, and the housekeeping was vigilant. One issue though was the ship ran out of shampoo on day 2. Finally got some shampoo on day 4. Since I assumed the ship would supply it, I did not bring any.

-The sewage smell in my bathroom. This smell never abated.

-Customer service at the excursions desk was of little assistance. (However, the wife of the cruise director-who happened to be nearby- was very helpful and friendly).

-The dining room: Food was okay, but no lobster, and nothing spectacular. Service was friendly and top notch, but I grew tired of having management ask about the service constantly, and feel the need to goad us into applauding the service at constant intervals. Suffice it to say, if there was something wrong I am sure they would hear about it, otherwise, it is safe to assume everything is acceptable.

-Nassau. Well what can you say. Nassau is seedy, and if you look past the brightly colored facades of the buildings most everything is crumbling and dilapidated. Not to mention mounds of garbage, although this might have been due to the fact that we arrived on Christmas day.

-Coco Cay: Very nice, except a few of the bartenders were surly and making fun of the passengers. Not cool guys. Not cool at all.

A minor irritation was that the Windjammer was constantly packed with nowhere to sit-if you take this cruise you are better off visiting the buffet at off hours.

Okay for the most part

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by KatyMay

• Sail Date: December 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas

-The sewage smell in my bathroom. This smell never abated.

KatyMay’s Full Rating Summary

Spacious and nice, the only fly in the ointment being the sewage smell in the bathroom.

Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans