3. Carnival Splendor

My husband and I recently went on this cruise to Port Canavrel and the Bahamas. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews. I was very pleased with the cruise. The embarkation and disembarkation was run very smoothly. The ship was beautiful and very well maintained. Every time you turned around the crew was scrubbing walls, painting, cleaning carpets etc.

I thought the food was good. There was definitely something for everyone. Our waiter in the dining room was nice, but he definitely didn't go above and beyond. Just all business. He never called us by name or ever made any small talk. This was pretty disappointing. I always looked forward to dinner on previous cruises because the waiters were always so nice and so much fun. I was a little disappointed with the dress in the dining room. Even on formal nights, there were people in jeans and t-shirts. I feel that the dress code should be enforced.

On our days at sea we had pretty bad weather. The boat rocked back and forth a lot. 50 mph winds and 12ft waves. The pool indoor pool was closed most of these days, so by the end we felt like there wasn't much to do. It was too cold to go outside. We liked to go to trivia, but after the first couple of days, it was very crowed and held in small spaces. I wish they would've been held in the theater move. We really enjoyed the comedy shows. I think we went to 5 of them. The adult shows were pretty raunchy, but definitely funny. I suggest the piano bar with Tonya. It was a great time.

Spending New Years' Eve at sea was amazing. It was awesome being in the middle of the ocean with 4 other cruise ships you can see in the distance all ringing in the New Year. Definitely memorable. They did a balloon drop in the lobby and confetti and a big party on the. Lido deck at midnight. Definitely a great New Years.

Overall this was a great cruise. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Great New Year's Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by pinklion12

• Sail Date: December 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas

Overall this was a great cruise. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

pinklion12’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin 8th floor

Our room steward was wonderful. He called us by name and we found ourselves chatting with him on many different occasions. His name was Frances.

Carnival Splendor Deck Plans