3. Adventure of the Seas

While there were some positive thisngs about this cruise, the negative were so overpowering that I will probably never use Royal Caribbean again.

The service in the diniing room was impeccable, although when we initially were seated (at the 6pm seating) we were given a cramped table next to both the sairway and the kitchen. This was changed after I threatened to withhold all dining room gratuities.

Anothewr complaint about the main dining room was formal nights. Some people came in dressed in jeans and T-shirts. They enforced dress rules about short and bare feet, why can't they also enforce a dress code on formal nights. Those passengers that don't want to dress still have other dining options. I guess that tips are more important than dress codes.

Getting on and off the ship at the pports of call was a total disaster. Only 4 of 16 elevators were available and these same elevators were kept in general service. It took a full 20 minutes to get from the first deck to deck 5 when re-boarding the ship. It would have been a very simple matter to designate them for emarkation and debarkation only.

Leaving the ship at the end of the cruise was so dos-organized that I cannot descibe it inlanguage that is fit for family reading. Despite the normal group number attempt, and scheduling times, delays began as early as group3. We ended up finally getting off 90 minutes after our scheduled time.

The entertainment, as such, was strictly teen age music and shows. There was no easy listening or standards be played anywhere on the ship.

Prior to this cruise we cruised with Celebrity, and the difference was like night and day. I am amazed that two sister companies can be so different,

Most disorganized ship afloat

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by rebshalom

rebshalom’s Full Rating Summary

The cabin was spacious and had plenty of storage space. Our suitcases (3 large ones) stowed easily under the beds.
On the last day of the cruise they decided to clean all the verandahs, thus we were unable to use our for half that day.

Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans