• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Liberty of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Fun even with some issues

Review for Liberty of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
LZCruise
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2013
Cabin:

Transfers

I made the mistake of purchasing airport to cruise port transfers via Royal Caribbean before making my hotel reservations. It would have been much easier for me to use the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Hotel’s shuttle service. In addition, the wait for the Royal Caribbean shuttle was far too lengthy. It would make much more sense if they had smaller vehicles that made more frequent trips, as opposed to waiting to fill a bus.

Check-In

After seeing interior cabins, I wish I had saved some money and gone with the interior. The window to the Promenade is nice but the extra open space in front of the bed in an interior cabin would have been better. I suggest adding balconies to the Promenade cabins, so you can sit out and watch the parades.

Port Reviews

Belize City

Use of tenders is never acceptable. The distance we had to travel by tender was by far longer than I have done on any cruise. There may be decent excursions if you get past the port area, but due to weather many excursions were cancelled. The port area in Belize is awful. Why does Royal Caribbean stop at this location?

Cozumel

Mr. Sancho’s, Coconuts, and Carlos and Charlie’s were truly fun places to spend the day. I did this with a fantastic group of people I met on the ship, with us renting a jeep. It would be interesting to have a group excursion which takes you to a series of fun places like this.

Find a Liberty of the Seas Cruise from $249