3. Voyager of the Seas
We travelled as a family of two adults and a teenager on the Voyager of the Seas. Our cruise departed Tianjin on 8th October 2013 for 16 nights arriving in Singapore. I enjoyed reading of other’s experiences on this grand ship before we took our first ever cruise. Our choice of cruise was definitely because of the itinerary. It was a balanced compromise for our family to do a cruise (for my husband) visiting the Asian exotic ports including many we had never been to before (for me) on a ship with so much to offer for families (for the teen daughter). We travelled to Beijing and stayed for a few days prior before taking a shared minivan transfer for the two hour trip to Tianjin with 3 other couples -other Cruise Critic forum members. Check in at the port was very smooth and we were able to check out our cabin within an hour. Ports Nagasaki – Very easy disembarkation. The tram stop was an easy walk away and simple to navigate on our own for some sightseeing to the atomic bomb museum and Memorial Park.. Fukuoka – Canal city is the main shopping mall, nearby there is a couple of temples and a shopping street where you can find a Hakata doll shop. We took taxis to and from the ship port. Naha- Easy 20 minutes to walk to the monorail to go straight to the historic castle. Hong Kong – Landed at the new Kai Tak terminal. The ship organised shuttle buses to and from a central shopping centre that had a subway station. Easy to get around and a trip to the peak is a must! Wonderful food! The best Peking duck I have ever had! Hi Chi Minh – The city is a long way from the port. About 2 hours each way. We stayed over in Ho Chi Minh at the Grand Silverland hotel (fantastic hotel!) near Ben Than Market and took Vesper Tours of the city and countryside-Great fun and Highly recommended! The only downer was the long time it took to get off the ship in port. Immigration was rather sticky! Thailand – Again the city is a long way from the port. We stayed overnight in Bangkok – could not recommend the hotel this time! Singapore – Disembarkation was smooth. The Diamond Princess moored at the same time but there was not a huge wait for taxis and other transport. Food I did not really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. If you did not like the food then you could simply choose something else. The Windjammer was great – it really does have something for everyone! Hamburgers, sandwiches or a plate of pasta at any time. Afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, cakes and scones with jam and cream! Three course breakfasts with my favourite pancakes with blueberries and fresh cream. The sea day poolside barbecues were wonderful with fresh salads and the best char grilled beef and pork ribs! The main dining room was great for breakfast, lunch with the Tutti salad bar and dinner. We ate in there most nights and enjoyed being spoiled by our very attentive waiters Mevin and Euclid. These guys were fantastic and made sure we enjoyed the cruise experience every night. They would bring us too many extras and their recommendations were always spot on! I am surprised at criticisms about the food on other reviews as I can only say that our dining experience was excellent every night! We chose My Time dining and found that worked well for us and we had a routine and the same service most nights. We never had to wait for a table at all. Cabin We had a balcony cabin (8222) and it was very clean and functional. There was plenty of space to hang our clothes in the walk in robe and the bathroom had plenty of space in the behind mirror shelves. I used an over door hanger as per other cruisers recommendation and it was great for keeping clutter off the limited desk space. The other top tip I was thankful for was to take a whiteboard marker to leave messages for other cabin mates on the mirror. The bed was very large and our Room Steward Marc kept our room tidy and clean. He was always helpful and nothing was too much trouble to ask for. Service I enjoyed the service on the Ship. Everyone from cleaners to bar staff was friendly and helpful. The ease with which potential troubles were dealt with at Guest Services showed the professionalism of the staff at Royal Caribbean. Always a smile and help when you need it. Overall we have a fabulous time on the Voyager of the Seas. I would highly recommend a trip upon this ship and look forward to returning to this ship one day and travelling with Royal Caribbean.

Fabulous first time cruise

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Robyn_S

• Sail Date: October 2013
  • Destination: Asia
Ports
Food

Robyn_S’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Cabin was very clean, fine for our family. Any issues were quickly dealt with.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans