3. Carnival Paradise
Just had my first cruise experience for the week of Christmas '13 - and I will not be back on Carnival again. The food went from mediocre the beginning of the week, then went to absolutely disgusting as the week went on. This was the biggest let down of the trip, as i had heard food on cruises was supposed to be great. The only positive thing I can say about the Carnival Paradise's food was the omelet station was good & salad bar was nice & fresh & had a good selection- what a surprise compared to the other options. Burgers weren't bad, but not exactly something I wanted to eat the entire time. The rest of the food was terrible, both in the buffet areas, as well as the dinning room. They allow smoking on board/inside the ship in certain areas, which resulted in the majority of the inside of the ship smelling like an old nasty ashtray. We booked a shore excursion through the ship, only to have it cancelled on us by the ship. It was disorganized & a mess trying to get a tender sticker. No other excursions were available. No apology, no other arrangements, etc. were provided by guest services, who were very rude & unhelpful. No immediate refund was given (it was put back on our sail & sign account later that night, lot of good that did us when we needed it then to try & book something on shore). So no snorkeling for us in the Cayman Islands, which was part of the reason we booked the cruise to begin with. That day at port felt like a wasted day - should have been at port at 9 am, didn't actually get to get on shore till 1:30 due to the late arrival to port as well as the disorganization in giving out tender stickers. Pool was small, way too overcrowded. I thought prior to the trip I got a good deal on this cruise, after this, I can't even say "you get what you pay for" - didn't even feel like that at least, what an absolute waste of money (have spent double the amount at Walt Disney World & left feeling I got my money's worth).

Will never be back on a Carnival Ship again!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by JbsJ78

Pool was small, way too overcrowded.

JbsJ78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Cabin M164
I was actually pleasantly surprised by our room, was thinking it would be small & cramped & it wasn't that bad. Nice bedding & comfy beds. The bathroom wasn't so great, and I did feel the need to keep my flip flops on while even in the shower. Definitely needs some updating. The room did tend to get a funky smell here & there, almost like we were catching other smells through the vent system? The overall experience of sailing on this Carnival Paradise ship was not great, but room was the least of the problems I encountered.
  Carnival Paradise Deck Plans