• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Mar from USA
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2013
Cabin:

I chose this cruise because of its Black Sea itinerary, mostly places I have never seen. Spending a few extra days in Athens was the icing on the cake. Check-in and boarding staff were efficient and cordial. My stateroom, a free upgrade surprise, was large and luxurious with a bathtub and walk-in closet. Cabin stewards were gracious and eager to please. The small size of the ship gave me a chance to get to know some of the guests I saw regularly. What a delightful, well-traveled group. The food was excellent with extra emphasis on local specialities.

Our first port, Volos, Greece, gave me a chance to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries on a excellent shore excursion. This is a must see site with religious communities perched on top of pillars of rock formations that are like something out of a sci-fi movie. The guide was wonderful.

The Dardenelles and Bosporus cruising was narrated and a wonderful scenic tour in both directions. Our entrance into the Black Sea was cold and blustery so the crew did everything they could for our comfort.

My surprise upgrade to a large outside stateroom on the lower promenade deck was a real treat. A large bathroom with a full tub/shower plus a huge walk-in closet were particularly enjoyable. I had room service breakfast each morning, enjoying the views and the gracious service.

Find a Prinsendam Cruise