3. Radiance of the Seas

My husband & myself took my brother on his first cruise...he has an intellectual disability & was very excited.

We had no trouble at all boarding & were on the ship within 10 minutes of arriving at the OPT!

I suppose being Gold C & A helped, we were ushered straight to the front of the queue for check-in!

We had plenty of time to wander around the ship & familiarise ourselves with all the beautiful areas inside.

The Radiance is beautifully fitted out & impressed us all.

Our cabin wasn't available till 1pm, so we wandered on up to the Windjammer buffet.

The food was fresh & plentiful & we enjoyed a relaxing lunch & afternoon overlooking Sydney harbour....spectacular.

There was a delay when we sailed....a medical emergency evacuation & the Captain kept us fully informed about what was happening.

The sailaway party was great & we headed out with the most magnificent sunset!

Our cabin, with a balcony on Deck 9 was great, but a bit tight for 3 of us, using the sofa bed option. If we did it again the Pullman bed stored in the ceiling would be a better option. The cabin was well fitted out, with plenty of storage areas. Under the bed was a great place for our empty suitcases!

Our cabin steward, Mohamad, was a delight.

He looked after us brilliantly & was very caring & aware of my brother's disability.

The level of cleanliness & personal hygiene is very high, encouraged by all crew with hand sanitisers at all food stations, at every entry to the theatre & in all public toilets onboard.. There were no outbreaks of novo virus or flu etc during our cruise either, so most must have been following crew instructions.

A couple of past reviewers commented on the large numbers of people with disabilities onboard & the increased threat of disease being spread....we certainly had a great time, saw many others that were elderly or with disabilities & they all had a ball too. As stated earlier there was no outbreak of disease onboard, so not sure what was meant by these comments.

The shows were great.

The Fab 4 did a great job & we all enjoyed their show.

The Buenos Aires Tango show was also fantastic & a credit to the Radiance's singers & dancers.

The trivia competitions were great fun & we attended most of them.

Our favourite pastime was the mini golf.

The boys spent many an hour up there, having a lot of fun.

Disembarking was quick & easy, no complications & we were off the ship again wtihin 5 minutes!

Luggage was waiting for us...no hassles at all!

I am booked on the Radiance again in Nov 2014 & can't wait.

She is a beautiful ship & I cannot recommend her & RCI any higher!

Wonderful time onboard Radiance of the Seas!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by OziChris

The Radiance is beautifully fitted out & impressed us all.

The sailaway party was great & we headed out with the most magnificent sunset!

The shows were great.

The Fab 4 did a great job & we all enjoyed their show.

The trivia competitions were great fun & we attended most of them.

Our favourite pastime was the mini golf.

The boys spent many an hour up there, having a lot of fun.

Luggage was waiting for us...no hassles at all!

I am booked on the Radiance again in Nov 2014 & can't wait.

She is a beautiful ship & I cannot recommend her & RCI any higher!

OziChris’s Full Rating Summary