3. Carnival Pride

This sailing was the 9th Carnival cruise for hubby and I. We had balcony room aft on 6th deck. We chose the Pride because of sailing from Baltimore , New Year’s Celebration, and the class of ship. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. There was only 1 day of sun. We had plenty of rain, cool/cold temperature, and very rough seas. We also skipped Freeport due to 50 + winds. There were over 700 children on board, but well behaved.

We drove to Baltimore the day before and stayed at Best Western near BWI. They provided the shuttle to and from port and cost were less than parking at the dock. Arrived at terminal around noon. There were no lines and walked right through. We completed the whole process in less than 15 minutes. We went to our room and dropped off carry on stuff around 1:30. Did all of the embark process faster than those who had the FF pass.

Ship itself is very clean. We love the layout of this class ship. It is very easy to get around from place to place. Overall staff was very friendly and doing their jobs. Sudan did a great job on our room.

Activities – If you like Bingo and Trivia you will have plenty to do. Otherwise there isn’t much going on during the day. Most people were playing board games of their own. Serenity was our place to go when weather was OK. Pools were emptied of water and hot tubs closed due to weather.

Dining – We chose late assigned dining. The service was awful. Baked potato arrived with dessert. Standard joke at our table was contest as to who had coldest food. Same was true of breakfast/lunch in dining room. We waited 45 min for our order to arrive and everyday they forgot to bring something we ordered. There was a major plus for me due to having a food allergy. I was assigned a staff member who came to my table and discussed what I was able to eat. Sometimes there wasn’t any choice and a special dish would be prepared. Just make waiter aware of your problem. Thank you Carnival. There were many choices of things to eat for lunch on Lido. Lines moved fast, but hard to find a place to sit.

Entertainment – We spent all but one evening in Starry Nights Lounge. HI LUX was an excellent band and played great music to dance or listen. We did attend one Adult Comedy and it was OK. Of course the New Year’s Party was awesome. Free champagne, noise makers, hats, balloon drop and thousands of people. It was hard to find a place to stand.

Disembark was typical. I think over half the ship did self and that took a long time. Easy to find luggage and be on our way. Terminal staff kind of on the rude side and not very helpful. Overall it was a great trip with lots of fun and new friends.

Great New Year's Party

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Mrsosci

• Sail Date: January 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

Mrsosci’s Full Rating Summary

Great location on ship. Very little foot traffic past the room. Excellent view from balcony. Straight down steps to dining room.

Carnival Pride Deck Plans