Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Ruby Princess Cabin L102

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by 4Suzyq

• Sail Date: Dec 2013
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

Just returned from a very nice 4 day "sampler" to Grand Cayman. Princess came up with a great idea to have a bunch of 4 day cruises on a nice ship...we usually cruise Celebrity or RCL but the RCL 3 or 4 Days are typically on the older ships.

First of all we were in an oceanview on the Lido Deck L102....it was a great deal and the last one left up in the front. I would recommend the cabin....the others up front may be better but L102 is fine. The view is of the deck above the bridge looking out the front....lots of light but you cant see down to the water but can look out front to the horizon and sky. Lots of closet space, no side chair but not a problem...the bed is against the wall...facing the desk and TV...very comfy. Lido deck is where the pools and buffet is so very easy.

Here are a few observations and hints.

In the spa and work out area are mens and womens sauna and steam rooms...no additional cost...great showers...wonderful place to relax before dinner.

The aft pool and lounges is a great place...adults only, very nice service and bar, tables, close to buffet, quiet...and a large hot tube two decks up that overlooks the pool....no one knows about it so quiet and private.

We ate at both specialty dining....we liked Sabatinis the best....Crown grill was OK but the Host was a sour puss...we had a reservation and were dressed up....when we got there other guests who had no reservations were being seated in the main dining area, we were shown a table right on the glass in the front right where everyone walks by....on display. I politely told the host the table woundnt work and he proceeded to tell me how we wouldn't be served in a timely way if we sat elsewhere....I let him know I didn't care, we had reservations and I expected to have a steak house experience if I was paying a cover charge...it worked out but a hassle I have never had on the 25 other cruises I have taken.

For some reason a Hendricks martini is a dollar cheaper in the Explorers lounge than the Crooners...go figure.

Dining room food was fine...we ordered a bottle of wine both nights but had to ask for proper red wine glasses...they have some small cheap wine glasses on the tables and unless you ask they wont bring the better ones.

4Suzyq's Full Rating Summary

Plenty of room, great location.

4Suzyq