A Great Cruise: Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by RCCL Cruise Couple
Overall Member Rating
A Great Cruise
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
1. Easy, quick check-in process.
2. Excellent meals at Portofino and Chops specialty restaurants. Our friends, who have traveled the world over both said their dinners at Chops were the best meals they had ever eaten!
3. Excellent meals in the Main Dining room all week in the My Time Dining room. We had the same table with the same waiter and assistant waiter every night, Albert and Ygnacio. Both were OUTSTANDING....very knowledgeable, personable and perfect with the pacing of all our meals. Some really good new choices on this latest menu. Also, nightly our excellent Head Waiter, Jacob, stopped by our table for a friendly chat.
4. Erlinda was our room More steward and we agreed we've never had a better steward. Again, very friendly and sweet. She was always aware of making up our room while we were out and about.
5. Wonderful entertainment nightly in the theater as well as the Ice Show. Motown act, comedians, aerial act, young production casts, ice skaters and musicians were of very high caliber as noted by our first time cruise friends. We agree,
6. Capt. Ron Holmes and entire crew were very visible, friendly and informative throughout the entire cruise.
6. Richard Spacey IS the BEST Cruise Director we've ever had the pleasure to enjoy as was his Activities Director, Katie! Made each day of our cruise an adventure with lots of laughs!
7. Freedom is in great physical shape with lots of crew keeping her spic and span.
8. Ports of call were all good. Although we got diverted to San Juan and missed going to St. Thomas due to a med evac we had no complaints.
9. Disembarking short and sweet.
I only have one "Con.". As I mentioned we are Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus members. There were a large number of people trying to access the Concierge Lounge for evening cocktails....really always overflowing. We tried the designated Diamond lounge with the same results. I've read other posts where Royal Caribbean has started giving "chits" for evening cocktails when there are such large numbers of members who have access to the Concierge Lounge and/or the Diamond Lounge. We understand these chits or coupons are used to enjoy cocktails at any bar around the ship. My suggestion for Royal Caribbean is when the numbers for the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge are greater than the capacity of these facilities, then issuing the chits would be so much better. We've always enjoyed having an evening cocktail and getting to know our fellow Crown & Anchor members. However, if you can't even find a seat then none of this works. I give 2 thumbs up to Rahual, our Concierge and his staff for putting as good a face on this situation as was possible. He deserves a raise :o)
Highly recommend Freedom and Port Canaveral! Less
This ship was too large to enj...
Good for the young people!
Nice Vacation of a Lifetime fo...
Time to retire Freedom of the ...