3. Carnival Glory
We only had a few complaints on this cruise, so I will mention them first. The room service is VERY slow! We never waited less than an hour- usually closer to an hour and a half. The first night, when I was a little sea sick, I ordered room service for my kids for dinner. It took almost 2 hours to get to us. Also, our refrigerator was locked the entire 5 days. I'm glad we didn't need it. We had to ask for ice the first day, but after that it was refilled daily for us. This was our first cruise, so now I know for the future, but they had the kids club info session during the sail away party. I was under the impression that the kids club info session was required (now I know it's not), so we missed one of the things we were really looking forward to. One thing I emailed carnival about, was that the adult entertainment was so late in the evening, when you have to pay extra for the kids club. I am a single parent, so I didn't have a lot of extra money to pay for child care, but I would have liked to see some of the adult entertainment on board. Unfortunately, I had to miss out on that. Our room steward was really good. He made towel animals for each of my kids every day. He even took the time to ask what their favorite animals were, and he made them! The entertainment was excellent during the day. I was there with my 2 kids, and we enjoyed several programs and activities together. Our wait staff, especially Henry, was outstanding!! On our last night, Henry even danced with my daughter, while serenading her. It was the perfect ending to our cruise. The food was really good. There were lots of choices, and we all enjoyed everything we ate. That's saying something- my kids are picky eaters.

Our first cruise

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by momma2three

• Sail Date: October 2013
  • Destination: Bahamas

momma2three’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Our cabin was really small, but like I said, this was our first cruise, so I wasn't sure what to expect. There were 3 of us, and we had 2 twin beds and a 3rd twin bed that was lowered from the ceiling.
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans

• Nassau
    We LOVED Nassau! I was a little nervous after reading reviews that people were really pushy about selling stuff as soon as you get off the ship. We didn't think it was that bad. Yes, there were people trying to sell you things, but once I said "No, thanks", they left us alone. We walked around a little bit, taking lots of pictures, and doing some shopping. Then we headed to the beach. We asked a local how to get to the nearest beach, and he gave us perfect directions. It was beautiful and very quiet. There were maybe 50 people on the beach, and it was less than a mile from the ship! A local woman, who was braiding hair on the beach, even offered to braid my daughter's hair for free. There are lots of things to do there, right near the port, so even without an excursion you can spend the day sightseeing around Nassau.
    View All 5,965 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews