3. Carnival Magic

Sailed on Halloween cruise and had a great time. Boarding was behind schedule but it wasn't too awful. We met some great people while waiting to get aboard. After dodging the cameras, we entered the ship and immediately found our room. We left our bags and headed straight for the Lido deck. Hubby grabbed a burger and I got a salad. Went to he Red Frog Pub and grabbed our first drink of the day. This was by far my favorite place on the ship. Loved grabbing a drink and listening to the music.

The room was clean and our room stewert was a hard worker. He never left ice in the bucket so after two days so we finally left a note along with a tip and had ice morning, noon and night.

I love the hot tubs on deck five. On other ships it is sometimes difficult to find one to sit in sometimes.

The food is okay but I'm fairly easy to get along with, and food is not why I cruise. I absolutely hate the singing and dancing in the MDR but I believe this is fleet whide. These people have enough to do without having to entertain us. This was the first time we chose the early seating and in the future we will go back to YTD. I just didn't like having to report by a certain time.

The shows were the same ones they had in April so we only went to one and it wasn't very good. I really wish they would put the comedians in the larger theater. We saw two of them and they were both good, but I have a difficult time standing in line so we only went twice.

I love sailing on the Magic and plan on doing so again this summer.

Had a Scary Good Time

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Inthedark31

I love sailing on the Magic and plan on doing so again this summer.

Inthedark31’s Full Rating Summary

We love deck 7, the empress deck. Two floors down to the Promenade and three flights up to the Lido. Cabins are above and below so it is very quiet. I am a very light sleeper so this is a huge plus for me.

Carnival Magic Deck Plans

• Bar Hop

The Bar Hop was a lot of fun. We took a cab down town to meet the operator, and took an air conditioned bus to the other side of the island. We learned about the island, and stopped at four different places. Afterwards we were dropped off at the port and did some shopping.

• Grand Cayman

Went to the Royal Palms and it was beautiful. I can't comment on the pool because we stayed on the beach all day. We had buckets of the local Cayman Brew, and ate a wonderful lunch. The cab was $4 per person but they will wait until it is full. We hopped in a cab to get back to the port and shopped for a bit. Another perfect day.

View All 2,730 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Montego Bay

We went through a private company to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort. The beach wasn't very good but the pool with the lazy river and water slide was fantastic. The personnel were all very friendly and helpful. The food was very good and I never had to wait for a drink. Jamaica is a beautiful county and as long as you use your common sense you will be safe. We heard so many bad things about this port and although some of the people can be a little agressive, a simple no thank you was all that was necessry.

View All 432 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews