• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2013
Cabin:
Traveled with children

A little background - this was a getaway cruise for me and my three daughters, ages 19. 16, and 12. We needed the break after some rough family stuff (grandma passed away) in November and were really excited about it because we'd sailed the Ecstasy in March and loved it!

Embarkation was smooth and painless - our cabin was ready (we're platinum), and we headed right up to the Lido deck for lunch. The food and beverage service throughout the whole cruise were exceptional. Whether in the dining room, at the Taste Bar, Pizza Pirate, Deli or Lido Deck buffets, the food was hot, fresh, and good.

Our cabin steward was a little "off" - he didn't seem to understand the concept of waiting for a response, but would knock and enter immediately. We spoke first to him about it, and when that didn't work, went to guest services and complained and that took care of the issue. However, other things about him and about our service from him were just not up to par - while he seemed personable enough, and I can't really put my finger on any one specific thing (except that we NEVER had enough towels - not once ... well, once - the first day after I wrote him a note and left a small tip requesting that he give us a fourth beach towel and two more towels for the bathroom - but never again - and since that should be expected, I didn't feel the need to tip additionally from then on) but he kind of creeped all of us out, the room wasn't as clean as we are used to (I cleaned the dust off the ledges of the fold-down beds and it left a washcloth pretty dirty when I was done) and service was inconsistent throughout our cruise.

Tight fit for four people, but a convenient location. There was some unexplained thumping and banging - we thought our cabin backed to other cabins and knew that other cabins were above us, so weren't sure what caused the noise, but it wasn't too overwhelming and didn't seem to occur overnight or early in the morning.

Find a Carnival Ecstasy Cruise from $209