Riviera Review

Christine58
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2013

We were interested to see how Oceania compared with Azamara, who we had cruised with a couple of years ago.

On the plus side, the service on Oceania was the best I've ever had. For example, my husband takes dissolvable aspirin with his meals, and one of the wait staff in the buffet noticed, and offered to bring a glass of tepid water (they dissolve better in this).

I loved the cabin - we had gone for the Ocean View Stateroom, which did not have a balcony, but the window was floor to ceiling, giving us loads of light and great views. It also meant that it was a bit cheaper than a balcony cabin. I did not really miss the balcony. Strangely, there were two showers - one in the bath and one as a stand-alone. I did find the bed a bit hot - it had some sort of padded top to the mattress, which was comfortable, but made the bed hotter.Our cabin steward was lovely - friendly, welcoming, and always remembered our names. And we were not in top grade cabins. Even when she had to do extra cleaning because of my tummy bug, she seemed mainly concerned about how I was feeling. Very impressive!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Riviera Cruise from $1,994

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.