3. Celebrity Solstice

From the start to the end this had to be one of the best cruises we have done. We spent a week in Hawaii before the cruise. We used www.airbnb.com to find a place both before the cruse and the two weeks we spent in Sydney after the cruise. Both places were fantastic and our hosts were great. The price was also far better than what I could find in a hotel.

We upgraded to Aqua and that was a great decision. I can't speak highly enough of Blue. Our waiters knew us after a couple of days and so did the people we sat near. After trying a few different spots we migrated back to the same spot every evening. It was almost like a reservation. They always knew about when we would be there so our table was saved. At least I think it was.

Our cabin attendants were the best. The room is about the same size as the other veranda rooms and there are a few extra amenities.

We did excursions in all the ports. Some with Celebrity and others with private tours. With the exception of one all were great. Papette, a private tour, left a lot to be desired.

We don't do much of the other activities on board but most people seemed to enjoy what they did.

The entertainment was standard Celebrity. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. The guest speakers I listened to, with the exception of two, were just OK. Two of them were excellent and I tried to get to every one of their talks.

The crew seemed to be the happiest I have ever sailed with. I think it starts at the top. The Captain was visible as were many of the officers.

Just a great cruise...